- - Second Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture:1* Second-generation architecture delivers 50% more gaming performance over the first generation through 240 enhanced processing cores that provide incredible shading horsepower.
- - NVIDIA PhysX-Ready: 2* GeForce GPU support for NVIDIA PhysX technology enables a totally new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience with GeForce.
- - NVIDIA SLI and 3-way SLI Technology:® 3* Industry-leading, 3-way SLI technology offers amazing performance scaling by implementing 3-way alternate frame rendering (AFR) for the worlds fastest gaming solution under Windows Vista.
- - Microsoft DirectX 10 Support: DirectX 10 with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects for todays hottest games.
- - NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology: 4* CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPUs processing cores to accelerate the most demanding system taskssuch as video transcodingdelivering up to 18× the performance of traditional CPUs.
- - PCI Express 2.0 Support: Designed for the PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture offering the highest data transfer speeds for the most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications, while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards for the broadest support.
- - GigaThread™ Technology: Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next-generation shader programs.
- - NVIDIA Lumenex™ Engine: Delivers stunning image quality and floating-point accuracy at ultra-fast frame rates.
- - 16× Anti-Aliasing Technology: Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 16× sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
- - 128-bit Floating Point High Dynamic-Range (HDR) Lighting: Twice the precision of prior generations for incredibly realistic lighting effectsnow with support for anti-aliasing.
- - OpenGL 2.1 Optimization and Support: Provides top-notch compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.
- - Dual Dual-link DVI Support: Able to drive the industrys largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560 x 1600 and with support for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).5*
- - NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology:® 6* The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
- - Discrete, Programmable Video Processor: NVIDIA PureVideo is a discrete programmable processing core in NVIDIA GPUs that provides superb picture quality and ultra-smooth movies with 100% offload of H.264 video decoding from the CPU and significantly reduced power consumption.
- - Dual-Stream Hardware Acceleration: Supports picture-in-picture content for the ultimate interactive Blu-ray movie experience.
- - Dynamic Contrast Enhancement & Color Stretch: Dynamically provides post-processing and optimization of high definition movies for spectacular picture clarity.
- - NVIDIA HybridPower Technology:7* Lets you switch from the GeForce GTX 280/260 graphics card to the motherboard GeForce GPU when running non graphically-intensive applications for a quiet, low-power, PC experience.
- 1. The number of processing cores varies by model. GeForce GTX 280 has 240 processing cores. GeForce GTX 260 has 192 processing cores.
2. GeForce GTX 280/260 GPUs ship with hardware support for NVIDIA PhysX technology. NVIDIA PhysX drivers are required to experience in-game GPU PhysX acceleration. Refer to www.nvidia.com/PhysX for more information.
3. NVIDIA SLI certified versions of GeForce PCI Express GPUs only. A GeForce GTX 280 GPU must be paired with another GeForce GTX 280 GPU (the graphics card manufacturer can be different). SLI requires sufficient system cooling and a compatible power supply. Visit www.slizone.com for more information and a listing of SLI-Certified components.
4. Requires application support for CUDA technology.
5. Playback of HDCP protected content requires other HDCP-compatible components
6. Feature requires supported video software. Features may vary by product.
7. Requires an NVIDIA HybridPower-enabled motherboard.